Community Supports provides services to adults, who have diverse abilities, so that they can live as fully and as independently as possible in their communities.
The Community Supports Program operates from 101 Stewart Street in Chatham and supports people throughout the Chatham-Kent area.
- Money management, budgeting
- Medical assistance with appointments and medication monitoring
- Manage home maintenance – health and safety, cooking, cleanliness
- Services that support people to develop skills that assist them in achieving greater independence
- Safety skills
- Healthy living
- Develop community connections, natural supports
- Enhance social capital
- Explore educational, work, or volunteer initiatives
- Person-directed planning
- Recreational group activities
- Support for self advocate initiatives – Making It Happen
- Options and planning for caregivers and aging parents
- Aktion Club is a community service group for adults who have diverse abilities and is supported by the Kiwanis Club of Chatham-Kent and Ridgetown, and Community Living Chatham-Kent
- The Aktion Club is a way of developing talents through service to the community
- Membership is open to any adult with a disability who desires to become a leader in his/her community and wishes to provide services to others
People Make A Community (PMAC)
People Make a Community is an activity-based program that operates in Ridgetown, Blenheim, and Tilbury, building each community’s capacity to support people within their local community. A volunteer committee coordinates activities in each centre.
For more information please call Link: Phone Number for more information (click to call) 519.352-1174 ext. 225
To access all other services contact Developmental Services Ontario at Link: Phone number for Developmental Services Ontario (click to call)1-855-437-6797.
Developmental Service Ontario website: www.DSOntario.ca
Developmental Service Ontario – South West Region website: www.cscn.on.ca