Community Living Chatham-Kent truly appreciates your time, effort, and talents volunteering with us. We believe in creating a healthy and safe atmosphere for everyone, encouraging overall wellness. Please take a look at the resources below, and be sure to check regularly as we will be updating this area with useful tips and tricks.
- 8 Summer Steps for Healthy Living: https://www.webmd.com/women/features/8-summer-steps-for-healthy-living#2
- 4 Simple Ways to Stay Hydrated This Summer: https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/johannah-sakimura-nutrition-sleuth/simple-ways-stay-hydrated-this-summer/
We strive to continue to create a safe atmosphere for our Volunteers, people supported, and staff. Safety prevention strategies and procedures are extremely important, and will help you avoid situations that will expose you to risk.
- 10 Rules for Summer Safety: https://www.parents.com/baby/safety/outdoor/10-rules-for-summer-safety/
- Is sunscreen safe? Yes: https://www.aad.org/public/spot-skin-cancer/learn-about-skin-cancer/prevent/is-sunsceen-safe
Wellness is a process of change, reflection, and growth. The ability to learn and grow intellectually is important. Often times our life experiences enhance our well-being. There are different aspects of wellness, which all play important roles in our everyday lives.
- Top 10 Summer Activities in Chatham-Kent: https://www.chatham-kent.ca/Newcomers/play/things-to-do/top-10-summer-activities-in-ck
- Outdoor pools are open in Chatham-Kent! Complete schedules, free sponsored swims, holiday schedules, and closure information: https://www.chatham-kent.ca/parks-recreation/activities-programs/aquatics-swimming/PoolSchedules