Community Living Chatham-Kent truly appreciates your time, effort, and talents volunteering with us. We believe in creating a healthy and safe atmosphere for everyone, encouraging overall wellness. Please take a look at the resources below, and be sure to check regularly as we will be updating this area with useful tips and tricks.
Our health is always changing. We all have times of good health, and times of sickness. As our lifestyles change, so does our level of health. It is important to be educated, and continually improving overall health.
- February is Heart Month, a time to bring attention to the importance of cardiovascular health, and what we can do to reduce the risk. http://www.heartandstroke.ca/get-healthy has some tips on how you can prevent heart disease from happening.
- Canadians all across the country experience severe cold weather conditions, here are some tips to help you prevent any cold-related emergencies: http://www.redcross.ca/training-and-certification/first-aid-tips-and-resources/first-aid-tips/cold-related-emergencies–staying-warm-and-safe-in-canadian-winters.
We strive to continue to create a safe atmosphere for our Volunteers, people supported, and staff. Safety prevention strategies and procedures are extremely important, and will help you avoid situations that will expose you to risk.
- Slips, trips and falls can happen year-round, but winter, ice and snow can create a more hazardous environment that increases the risk of worker injuries. Check out http://www.worksafenb.ca/winter-safety-prevent-slips,-trips-and-falls for some winter safety tips.
- When bad weather hits and you’re not sure how the roads are in your area http://www.trackmyplow.com/ will show you where the plows have been, and where they’re heading.
Wellness is a process of change, reflection, and growth. The ability to learn and grow intellectually is important. Often times our life experiences enhance our well-being. There are different aspects of wellness, which all play important roles in our everyday lives.
- Winter can leave you feeling both mentally and physically tired, here are a few tips for winter wellness: https://www.mana.md/7-health-and-wellness-tips-for-winter/.
- Weather changes can have a profound effect on our sleep; here are some tips to staying well rested throughout the winter months: http://www.thebest-mattress.org/8-cold-weather-tips-better-sleep/.