Community Living Chatham-Kent truly appreciates your time, effort, and talents volunteering with us. We believe in creating a healthy and safe atmosphere for everyone, encouraging overall wellness. Please take a look at the resources below, and be sure to check regularly as we will be updating this area with useful tips and tricks.
- June 8th – 14th is National Blood Donor Week & the theme this year is bringing recognition to all the donors out there who donate and help save lives. https://blood.ca/en/media/donors-asked-share-more-celebrate-national-blood-donor-week has more information, and while you’re there you can see when the next clinic near you is!
- June is Stroke Awareness month has more information and how you can get involved. Women are under-researched, under-diagnosed and over-dying. The 1 in 4 women who die of heart diease and stroke deserve better. It’s time to stop women dying unnecessarily. It’s #TimeToSeeRed http://www.heartandstroke.ca/women
We strive to continue to create a safe atmosphere for our Volunteers, people supported, and staff. Safety prevention strategies and procedures are extremely important, and will help you avoid situations that will expose you to risk.
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is June 15th. Virtually all countries are expected to see substantial growth in the number of older persons between 2015 and 2030, and that growth will be faster in developing regions. Because the numbers of older persons are growing, the amount of elder abuse can be expected to grow with it. Let’s combine forces internationally to keep the elderly safe during this vulnerable time in their lives.
- As the summer temperatures soar, the risks for heat-related illnesses rise too. The Government of Canada has some tips for how you can stay cool, hydrated, and informed
Wellness is a process of change, reflection, and growth. The ability to learn and grow intellectually is important. Often times our life experiences enhance our well-being. There are different aspects of wellness, which all play important roles in our everyday lives.
- June 2nd is National Health and Fitness Day (NHFD). This is an initiative to make Canada the Fittest Nation on Earth, starting with marking one day, the first Saturday in June as the day when Canadians get out and get active in any way they wish. For more information, visit http://nancygreeneraine.ca/fr/national-health-fitness-day
- June is Effective Communication month, and as we know being able to express ourselves in a clear and understandable manner can help decrease any misinterpretations, confusions and conflicts. https://staceyhankeinc.com/june-is-effective-communication-month/ has some more information and tips for more effective communication.