Community Living Chatham-Kent truly appreciates your time, effort, and talents volunteering with us. We believe in creating a healthy and safe atmosphere for everyone, encouraging overall wellness. Please take a look at the resources below, and be sure to check regularly as we will be updating this area with useful tips and tricks.
- Your heart powers your whole body. It lets you love, laugh and live your life to the fullest. On September 29th World Heart Day is celebrated in hopes to inform people and fight against Cardio Vascular Diseases. https://www.worldheartday.org/ has more information and how you can get involved.
- The 23rd annual Alzheimer Coffee Break kicks off on Thursday, September 20, 2018 and continues throughout the month and into October. Coffee Break is the Alzheimer Society’s major nationwide annual fundraiser where friends, co-workers and customers gather in communities across Canada to raise funds for their local Alzheimer Society. For information on how you can help this worthy cause, visit http://alzheimer.ca/en/Home/News-and-Events/events/Coffee-Break
We strive to continue to create a safe atmosphere for our Volunteers, people supported, and staff. Safety prevention strategies and procedures are extremely important, and will help you avoid situations that will expose you to risk.
- Autumn Fire Safety is something we should all be reminded of. Prevention is the best way to fight a fire and the Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs has some helpful tips on how you can keep your home and your family safe: http://www.oafc.on.ca/autumn-fire-safety
Speaking of prevention, the Heart & Stroke Foundation also agrees that being as safe as you can about how well you treat your body is the key to living a long and healthy lifestyle. Check out this inspiring story about how very important this is: http://www.heartandstroke.ca/articles/from-heart-attack-to-health-crusade
Wellness is a process of change, reflection, and growth. The ability to learn and grow intellectually is important. Often times our life experiences enhance our well-being. There are different aspects of wellness, which all play important roles in our everyday lives.
- Self-improvement Month is an annual designation observed in the month of September. It allows us to take some time to improve ourselves, set goals, and put ourselves on the path to a better you. https://www.buzzfeed.com/varidesk/10-self-improvement-ideas-that-you-can-turn-into-good-habits?utm_term=.rrNRlLX82#.cfewmPnv4 has 10 self-improvement ideas that you can turn into good habits!
- September 6th is National Fight Procrastination Day, which reminds us that only we can decide to get up and get done today what was supposed to already be done. Because we all procrastinate at some point, here are some tips for how to fight the urge to procrastinate https://www.hercampus.com/school/brenau/national-fight-procrastination-day-5-ways-stop-procrastinating