Dear Friends of Community Living,
For a number years, people have been joining together to make Community Living Chatham-Kent’s Everybody Campaign a success. This wouldn’t be possible if it were not for people like you.
Community Living Chatham-Chatham Kent has supported people who have an intellectual disability for more than 62 years. Whether it is a place to live, employment, a day program or respite services, Community Living Chatham-Kent is helping people to reach the goal of inclusion in their communities.
There are over 550 people residing in Chatham-Kent who access services from us. The organization employs more than 270 full and part-time staff, with over 100 volunteers assisting in various capacities and over 65 members.
Community Living Chatham-Kent continues to strive to provide new opportunities for people. With this goal, money that is raised by the Everybody Campaign will be used to support the following programs:
- Respite Services: Provides out-of-home respite for people who live at home with their family. Services are provided in two home-like settings, one for children and one for adults.
- Supported Accomodation: Provides 24-hour support to assist people to live successfully in their own home. Supports for daily living are designed to enhance independence and make connections to community resources.
- Day Programs: Programs that provide the opportunity for people to develop social capital, participate in activities, and hone their personal development. People attend voluntarily, purely for social enjoyment, and personal interest. These are recreational, and leisure-based programs offering personal care, support, and activities.
- Making lt Happen Program: Provides outcome-based supports to young adults in transition from school to life in the community.
- Community Supports: Provides support to people living on their own or with their family. Services are based on individual needs and are designed to enhance independence and quality of life.
- JOBWORX – Employment Services: Provides training, placement, and coaching to assist people to obtain and maintain competitive employment.
- People Make a Community: An activity-based program that operates in Blenheim, Ridgetown, and Tilbury to build each community’s capacity to support people within their own community.
Your generosity allows us to continue providing the best possible supports and services, ensuring people are valued, and contributing citizens to the community of Chatham-Kent.
To donate online, simply click on Canada Helps.